Christmas Puzzle 2012 - Dedicated to Lynne Truss
Welcome to this, the 22nd annual Christmas Puzzle I have set to raise money for charity. So far the Puzzle has raised over £46,500 for various good causes.
The Puzzle should appeal to people who enjoy solving (former) broadsheet crossword puzzles and, unlike many puzzles that come out around this time of year, this one is designed to help you finish / the Puzzle has an underlyingtheme so that, just when things start to get a bit tough, you should get more information to help you progress.
Prize money – new arrangements, more winners
Everyone who enters will be entered into a draw to win one of five prizes, each of £10. In addition, I will award four prizes each of £30 to the four highest scorers. If there are more than four potential winners I will arrange a draw.
I will forward all the money you donate, except for the prize/money, to charity. The money will be distributed equally between St Mary’s, Eaton Bray, where I am the Reader, and four other charities - Dacorum Emergency Night Shelter, Handstand - The appeal for Marshall Janson, ORCHYD - Organisation of Ruislip Churches Holidays for Youngsters with Disabilities, Royal National Lifeboat Institution. I do hope you will be generous in your donations and support the work of the charities as much as possible.
-- Gordon Gray, November 2012
Navigation around the Christmas Puzzle website
Clicking the Christmas Puzzle logo will always bring you back to this home page.
Using the links along the top of the page, you can
- download this year's puzzle
-- (between 8 December 2012 and 27 January 2013)
- register to receive a copy of all future puzzles by email,
- see information about last year's winners and charitable donations,
- view some of your comments on the puzzle from previous years,
- view some unusual words (and their meanings!) from previous puzzles,
- view the rolls of honour for the last 3, 5 and 10 years,
- view your results from previous years.
- Read and comment on the Christmas Puzzle blog.
-- All entries for this year's puzzle should have been returned by Sunday 27 January 2013 --